domenica 4 settembre 2016

September 4, 2016


Ciao a tutti!! My journey has officially begun! After what seems like a lifetime of paperwork, consulate visit, interviews, insurance, and more, I am in Italia! About a year ago, the summer before my senior year of high school, I officially decided that I would embark on the once in a life time opportunity that is Rotary Youth Exchange. I have known That I will travel the world, However what 
I did not know was how to get started, and thanks to Rotary, here I am !!

I left Albany International Airport on September 3, 2016, and took a 2 hour flight to Philadelphia. From Philadelphia I took a 9 hour flight into Roma, Italia. Then last from Roma to Catania, Sicilia. My host mom and host dad picked me up from the Catania Airport. They had a big Italian flag and a sign for me, it was so sweet!! We then drove about 40 minutes to Siracusa, my home for the next year. On the drive to Siracusa, on the sides of the roads, there were oooold what appeared to be castle ruins. They were amazing!!

My house is so beautiful, and I even have my own room, which I never have had before. Later, my host parents are going to take me around the city and show me everything! I can't wait!!

Goodbye!!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento